Friday, January 9, 2009

The Soft Pack


The Soft Pack - Extinction

January is for the dogs. It always feels like more of a crossroads than a time for resolutions, like I need to do something drastic to feel anything at all. And then this song by The Soft Pack (formerly The Muslims) popped up on my morning commute. I put it on repeat and started staring into the eyes of strangers just to see what I could find...turns out they HATE that.

The Soft Pack are like a local garage band in high school that you wouldn't admit you liked, but you couldn't get their punchy riffs out of your head during Chemistry class with Coach Peters.

These guys just seethe transition, whether you have to break up with your girl, your friends or your job. Basically, they make great January music.

I think I'll try to catch them at the Mercury Lounge on the 16th, but I don't think they're ready to be anyone's favorite band.

No comments: