Sunday, November 16, 2008

5 Years Time



Noah and the Whale - 5 Years Time
Noah and the Whale - 5 Years Time


On my morning walk to work (yes, I decided to take a Sunday of work for Rachael Ray, a place I quit this summer), I took the long route toward the 2 train in order to feel the cold in my lungs. I was listening to this song when I came to this door. It was one of those moments when you realize there are a ton of things you don't know about the place you live. And even if you think you'll be here for the rest of your life, in five years you might live impossibly far away and this will seem like a completely foreign memory; that a metropolitan existence is filthy and cliche and that you never really knew the city at all.

But maybe I'll become the place I live, something I won't even see coming.

And maybe five years from now I'll see someone taking a picture of a rusty red door with a white cross and wonder why they would think it is anything but normal, mundane.

No comments: